The Woodlands is a bed & breakfast situated in a secluded area close to the picturesque city of Ely with its imposing Cathedral and bustling market is just 4 miles away and the university city of Cambridge is 12 miles. Thetford forest, ideal for walking or cycling is a 30 minute drive. Newmarket with its Racecourse is 20 minutes and the Norfolk coast is approximately 50 minutes drive.
Dinner is served in either our beamed dining room , the summer room over looking the garden, or (weather permitting) in the enclosed courtyard. We welcome children of all ages and have facilities from cots for the very young to climbing frames and swings for the older ones. A family room can be made up from a double and twin room sharing a common bathroom.
The Woodlands is easily accessible from the A10 by car or from Ely railway station. We offer a free pick up service from the railway station. We are sure that your stay here will be enjoyable and a relaxing experience that you will want to repeat.
Children's play area
Activities and Experiences
All rooms are on the ground floor and we do have a room that is specially adapted for wheelchair users.
till 23:00 Early check-in available on request
Late check-out available on request
Booking Terms and Conditions
Roadfrom Eley City Centre(3.0 miles)
1) Depart on West Fen Road B14111
2) Turn right on Saint Mary's Street
3) Bear left on to Cambridge Road
4) Turn right onto Witchford Road
5) At the roundabout take the second exit onto Witchford Road A142
6) At the roundabout take the first exit onto Witchford Road
7) Continue on to Main Street
8) Turn left onto Grunty Fen Road
9) Turn right
10) Arrive at your destination